The Dos and Don’ts of Window Cleaning
Window cleaning is a must have for any homeowner. But before you break out the ladder and sponge, there are a few things you should know. Window cleaning is one of those household chores that can be tedious but is ultimately necessary. But did you know that there are certain dos and don’ts when it comes to window cleaning? It is important to follow these tips in order to get the best results and avoid any potential damage.
Window cleaning can be a daunting task. But with the proper preparation and execution, it can be a breeze. Not only will your windows be left streak-free and sparkling, but you’ll also avoid any potential mishaps. So before you grab your cleaning supplies, take a look at our list of dos and don’ts for window cleaning. Here are some dos and don’ts of window cleaning to help you get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- Start with clean windows: This may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s important to start with clean windows. If your windows are already dirty, they will be more difficult to clean and the results won’t be as good. So before you begin, make sure to wipe down your windows with a cloth or dust them with a brush to remove any dirt or debris.
- Use the right supplies: In order to get the best results, you need to use the right supplies. When it comes to window cleaning, there are a few key supplies you’ll need: a bucket, warm water, a squeegee, and a cleaning solution. You can use a variety of different cleaning solutions, but we recommend using a vinegar and water solution. Simply mix equal parts vinegar and water in a bucket and you’re good to go.
- Wipe down the frame: Once you’ve cleaned the glass, don’t forget to wipe down the frame. The frame can collect dust and dirt over time, so it’s important to give it a good wipe down. Use a cloth or brush to remove any dirt or debris from the frame.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals: When it comes to window cleaning, avoid using harsh chemicals. Harsh chemicals can damage the glass and leave behind streaks. Stick to using a vinegar and water solution or a mild soap for the best results.
- Don’t forget to use squeegee: The squeegee is one of the most important tools for cleaning window. After you’ve sprayed your windows with a cleaning solution, be sure to use a squeegee to remove the solution and any dirt or debris.
- Don’t neglect the corners: It’s easy to forget about cleaning the corners of the windows, but it’s important to make sure you get those hard-to-reach areas. Use a cloth or brush to clean the corners of the windows for a thorough cleaning.
Now that you know the dos and don’ts of window cleaning, you’re ready to tackle this household chore like a pro. With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to clean your windows quickly and easily.